Sweet and soft eggy toast coated with crunchy cinnamon sugar. Drizzle over maple syrup and serve with tangy raspberries for a delectable brunch.
Prep 5 minutes
Cooking time 10-15 minutes
4 slices thick white sandwich bread or sourdough bread
3 large eggs or 4 small eggs
2 tbsp milk
Salt and Pepper (optional)
50g white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Raspberries, strawberries, jam, maple syrup
- If you want to your French Toast to all be ready at the same time then preheat the oven to 50ºC before you start cooking and place a plate in there to warm.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and salt and pepper if using.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add a small knob of butter to the pan.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon on a large plate and set aside.
- Take a piece of the bread and dip it into the egg mixture, letting the bread soak up the mixture for a few moments. Hold the bread above the bowl and let the excess mixture drip off.
- Place the piece of bread in the pan and cook until lightly brown on both sides.
- Once the toast is nicely browned remove from the pan and place on the plate of cinnamon sugar. Turn the toast over in the sugar until it is evenly coated and then serve or place in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat until all the bread has been used.
- Serve your French Toast on warm place with fresh fruit and a drizzle of sweet maple syrup, for a brunch that is truly délicieux!